If the parcel is lost under the circumstance without purchasing cargo insurance, the maximum amount of compensation is USD50, but you can apply for compensation up to RM50,000 if you have purchased the cargo insurance. However, please be noted that not everything can be insured, let's get to know the types of insurable items!
Items that can be insured:
- High-priced 3C electronic products such as mobile phones, tablets, smartwatches, game consoles, etc.
Items that cannot be insured:
- Fragile items: acrylic, vase, photo frame, antiques, glass material items, house model
- Furniture/ home appliances: washing machine, television, lighting, lamp
- Kitchen products: granite top, cup, tea set, melamine ware, kitchen hood, oven, fridge
- Commercial products: mannequin and scale model
- Car accessories: car windscreen, car bumper, car mirror, car bonnet, car rim.
- Luxury items: gold, silver, jewellery, stone, bullion, silverware
- Artwork/ Historical artifacts: antiques, manuscripts, drawings, paintings
- Musical instruments: cello, clarinet, drum, electronic guitar, piano, saxophone, trumpet, violin
- Others: hamper, chips
- National restricted products/ prohibited items: animals, plants, alcohol (red wine, white wine, whiskey, beer), food (bird nest, sea cucumber, dried sea horse), flammable and explosive items (matches, firecrackers, tobacco, cigarettes, cigar), cash, passport
Other than compensating for the parcel loss, cargo insurance is also included the compensation of the product damage inside the parcel, such as the partly damaged accessories, which will compensate for the repair cost or partly cost depending on the extent of the damage.
Items covered only loss but not damaged:
- Electrical appliances: lamp, drying machine
Note: Only certain products are listed above, if you have any inquiries, kindly contact our customer service in advance.